Monday, January 19, 2009

I Am A Loser


Continuation of the Amy Winehouse series. I started with a live extend path shape and non-anti-aliased polygon brush type preset in the paint synthesizer and hand painted in an abstract shape painting. I then set the selection buffer from the canvas and then generated the paint synthesizer path start regionization from the 'selection - all levels'.

This is the way to create any kind of set of pattern shapes you want to fill for your photo mosaic image. You want the brush shape to be non-anti-aliased for this to work properly since you want hard edge boundaries between region areas of different colors. I used a graffiti movie brush to do the shape fills for the path start regionization pass. I then added a second vectorizer shape layer on top to bring in the face details a little.

No comments: