Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Cute Australian Animal

Peter Walton, who is a really wonderful Australian photographer, allowed me to use this source image of his (along with a few others he sent me). I put together some paint strategy tutorials with some of his original digital images, which have been slowly been getting posted to the Studio Artist daily effects blog.

I can't really get into the details of how this particular painting was put together since it uses new paint synthesizer features still in development. The next version of Studio Artist is going to have some really cool new features for quickly building up digital paintings that go beyond the already incredible range of things you can do with the existing program.

I have always been amazed at the wildlife you can see in my trips to Australia, there's this one tame fruit bat in particular in Queensland my wife and i really came to love. And there's nothing like seeing flocks of wild parrots flying around, plus all of the various kinds of kangaroo's.

No comments: