Thursday, March 19, 2020

Everybody Dance Now

So i switched to a more elaborate Gallery Show setup for generating this. I start the GS cycle by randomly selecting a wet water preset from a favorites folder to dab some water wash on the existing canvas. I then randomly select an image from a curated folder of topical imagery. I then randomly select one of the adaptive masking options and generate a selection mask off of that source image. I then randomly select from a different favorites folder of tube-like paint presets. I pick 2 of them and mutate by mingling the 2 selected paint presets That mutated paint preset is then masked while painting on top of the existing canvas.

'I' in the paragraph above means Gallery Show does it automatically. I just press the 'run 1 cycle' button in the new Gallery Show toolbar. If i like what GS did i keep it. If not i hit cmd z to undo. Note that i keep the water wash effect when i just do a single undo.

So that is a single Gallery Show processing cycle. Repeat as necessary until you get to the point where you feel like you have a keeper image. At that point you dive into the image processing section of Studio Artist and start additional manipulations to get to the final finished image.

No comments: