Monday, April 13, 2020

My Plague Year, a31

More stack filtering experiments using current events news footage as source material for Temporal Image Processing Effects. I'm using the gallery show features that allow me to do this with folders of images rather than just movie files.

I dial in the particular temporal effect settings i want in the Editor, then hit the GS 1 Cycle button in the new GS toolbar. I then change the Composite setting from Replace to something else, and do it again (the next pass will then overlay in some way). Possibly using selection based masking to only add additional overlay features to specific areas of the canvas. So even when working with a random frame sampling process, the artist can still be in the loop helping to control the overall end result.Man and machine working together to create art.

No comments: