Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Style Transfer Laugh1

 

World's stupidest texture resynthesis approach. But it's kind of cool in some ways. And you can see how to extrapolate it to make the results way better. I'm always amazed by how one can do so much with so little if you are only willing to give it a try (and then tweak it).

So here's another variant of this kind of thing.  Same style image, but no block randomization augmentation. I did a simple 2 step manual intervention instead before running the Equalizer.

So you could use the style flow field to smear paint if you want the source image to have that flow quality.
One minute later after some manual fiddling in the paint synthesizer.

QED.


1 comment:

John said...

I’ve been following this thread in the forums, and I suppose “stylizing” is a legitimate feature request…just another tool in the toolbox.

That said, stylizing abounds already, Vinci and BeCasso being two app examples, not to mention the deep dream generators that ask you to upload a photo and “pick a style,”

I can see some utility, especially when thinking of styles like in a word processor…but isn’t that just a PASeq? Maybe your preset designer could just product manage a list of styles to mimic and create a stylized collection.

If I were “VP of Product” I don’t know that I would want my star founder coder chasing imitative styles as much as coming up with new features that evolve the product.

All that said, and a great experiment here. I wonder if some of these stylizers exist in libraries somewhere, it might be a shortcut to some of the code.

Aloha